For the period of Sunday, October 22nd through Saturday, October 28th, the Police Department responded to 1033 calls for service, of which 111 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of some of the incidents handled by the Department during this period.
Sunday, October 22:
1. At 3:16 p.m., officers responded to the parking lot of the Shops at Santa Anita, 400 South
Baldwin Avenue, regarding a hit and run collision that had just occurred. The elderly victim
and his wife were walking to their car when the suspect bicyclist collided with him causing
him to fall and hit his head. The victim was transported to the hospital and the suspect is
still outstanding. He is described as a male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, dark blue
pants, dark shoes, and a backpack. He was riding a dark-colored bicycle.
2. At 9:59 p.m., an officer responded to the parking lot of the Shops at Santa Anita, 400 South
Baldwin Avenue, regarding the report of a vehicle burglary. The unknown suspect smashed
the front passenger side window of the vehicle stealing a Givenchy handbag and
miscellaneous clothing before fleeing the scene in an unknown direction.
Monday, October 23:
3. At 7:38 p.m., an officer responded to Rebag, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a theft
that had just occurred. The suspect selected two handbags totaling $38,000.00. After the
suspect’s credit card was declined, she told the clerk she needed to call her bank and asked
him to get her boxes for the handbags. When the clerk returned, the suspect showed him
the sales terminal which said, “marked as paid”. Upon review of the transaction, the clerk2
discovered no payment information had been entered. The suspect is described as female,
approximately 40-years-old, six feet two inches tall, with black long braided hair.
Tuesday, October 24:
4. At 10:37 a.m., an officer responded to the area of First Avenue and Genoa Street regarding
a subject waving a large tree branch in the roadway. Upon contacting the 53-year-old male
transient, the officer noticed symptoms of alcohol intoxication and determined the suspect
was unable to care for himself. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for
5. At 10:42 a.m., an officer responded to a building that was under construction, in the 800
block of South First Avenue, regarding a burglary report. Unknown suspect(s) forced entry
through a security screen door. Once inside, the suspect(s) cut and removed approximately
$45,000.00 worth of copper wiring.
Wednesday, October 25:
6. At 7:35 a.m., officers responded to the lawn of the Arcadia City Hall, 240 West Huntington
Drive, regarding a female seen using a bladed painter’s tool to vandalize Red Ribbon Week
decorations. The suspect was in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
The 48-year-old female transient was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for
Thursday October 26:
7. At 11:08 a.m., officers responded to a residence in the 1500 block of South Tenth Avenue
regarding a report of domestic violence. An investigation revealed the suspect had been
drinking when he struck his wife causing visible injury. The 36-year-old male from Arcadia
was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Friday, October 27:
8. At 11:55 a.m., officers responded to the Shops at Santa Anita, 400 South Baldwin Avenue,
regarding a robbery that had just occurred. The victim and her elderly mother were entering
the mall when the male suspect grabbed her shoulder bag. The elderly mother fell to the
ground during the struggle and both women sustained visible injuries. The suspect was
described as a male wearing a cream-colored hooded sweatshirt and pants. He fled the
scene in a blue vehicle.
9. At 1:23 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 00 block of West Camino Real
Avenue regarding a burglary report. The residents heard glass shatter followed by footsteps
inside their home. Unknown suspect(s) entered a room by smashing a rear window. The
suspect(s) fled the scene prior to police arrival. A blue Jeep with a roof rack was seen
parked near the front of the residence that was not known to the area.3
10. At 1:52 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 00 block of East Floral Avenue
regarding the report of a burglary. Two suspects smashed a rear sliding glass door and
ransacked the residence. The suspects fled when the alarm was activated. The suspects
were described as males, approximately 20-years-old with thin builds. They fled the scene
in a blue Jeep with a roof rack.
11. At 2:24 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 400 block of Los Altos Avenue
regarding an activated burglary alarm. An investigation revealed unknown suspect(s)
gained entry by smashing a window on the east side of the home. The unknown suspect(s)
ransacked the home, stealing jewelry before fleeing the scene.
Saturday, October 28:
12. At 1:36 p.m., officers responded to a construction site located at 338 East Foothill
Boulevard regarding the report of a burglary. Unknown suspect(s) forced entry into a
locked closet and stole several tools.
13. At 8:34 p.m., officers responded to Wah Fung, 641 West Duarte Road, regarding a theft
report. Two suspects entered the store and selected three jars of seafood containing
$53,000.00 worth of sea cucumber and abalone. The suspects were described as males
between 25 and 35-years-old, wearing face masks and dark clothing.