For the period of Sunday, November 5th through Saturday, November 11th
, the Police Department responded to 970 calls for service, of which 96 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of some of the incidents handled by the Department during this period.
Sunday, November 5:
1. At 10:15 p.m., officers responded to Hilton Garden Inn, 199 North Second Avenue,
regarding the report of an assault with a deadly weapon. Hotel employees contacted a male
transient sleeping in the stairwell and asked him to leave. The suspect took scissors out of
his backpack and began swinging them toward the employees before fleeing through the
back doors. The suspect was described as male, 30-years-old, wearing all black clothing,
carrying a black backpack.
Monday, November 6:
2. At 11:37 a.m., officers responded to a residence in the 600 block of Estrella Avenue
regarding three suspicious subjects in the rear yard. The victim screamed when she saw
them. They then jumped over the west wall of the property and fled the scene in an older
model dark green sedan with faded paint. The suspects were described as males,
approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall, wearing black hooded sweatshirts.
3. At 4:31 p.m., an officer responded to Sephora, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a
shoplifting report. The suspect concealed over $300.00 worth of beauty products inside a
shopping bag and exited the store without paying for the items. The suspect was then confronted and detained by a loss prevention officer. The 18-year-old female from Baldwin
Park was issued a citation and released at the scene.
4. At 5:50 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 400 block of West Norman Avenue
regarding the report of a burglary. The victim returned to his home to find the rear window
smashed and his home ransacked. Three suspect(s) stole a coin collection and jewelry
before fleeing the scene in a dark-colored sedan.
Tuesday, November 7:
5. At 8:58 a.m., officers responded to Arcadia Mobil Service Center, 679 West Duarte Road,
regarding an armed robbery that had just occurred. The suspect entered the location,
presented a pistol at his side, and demanded cash from the cashier. The suspect took cash,
$500.00 worth of California Lottery Scratchers, and miscellaneous merchandise before
fleeing the scene. The suspect was described as male, 30-years-old, wearing blue jeans, a
white hooded sweatshirt with bright colors, and a black baseball cap.
Wednesday, November 8:
6. At 10:59 a.m., officers responded to a Longevity Clinic, 400 East Live Oak Avenue,
regarding a theft report. An investigation revealed unknown suspect(s) accessed the rooftop
of the building and stole $150,000.00 worth of copper wire from AC units and the chiller.
7. At 1:48 p.m., officers responded to Noodle Street, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding
a burglary report. An unknown suspect entered the kitchen area of the business during the
early morning hours when it was closed. The suspect located the key to the safe and stole
$5,000.00. The suspect is described as male, approximately 20-years-old, wearing dark
clothing and a red backpack.
8. At 3:24 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 600 block of West Naomi Avenue
regarding the report of a burglary. The victims returned from vacation to find their living
room window smashed and their residence ransacked. The unknown suspect(s) stole
jewelry and cash before fleeing the scene.
Thursday, November 9:
9. At 10:26 a.m., officers responded to the area of North Old Ranch Road and Murrieta Drive
regarding the report of a suspicious person with a backpack holding a lighter or torch.
Officers located and contacted the subject who was noncompliant with verbal commands.
The officers successfully detained the subject, and he was found to be in possession of
methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia. The 33-year-old transient was arrested and
transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
10. At 1:45 p.m., an officer responded to the parking lot of the U.S. Post Office, 725 West
Duarte Road, regarding a vehicle burglary report. An unknown suspect smashed the front
passenger side window of the victim’s vehicle and stole $320.00 in cash.
Friday, November 10:
11. At 2:07 a.m., officers responded to the area of Winthrop Avenue and La Tunas Drive
regarding the report of a vehicle parked diagonally in the street. Officers contacted the
driver and an investigation revealed he was in possession of burglary tools commonly used
to steal mail from locked mailboxes and stolen mail belonging to seven victims. The 56-
year-old male from Rosemead was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for
12. At 6:51 a.m., officers responded to the 700 block of East Camino Grove Avenue regarding
a possible vehicle burglary in progress. Officers located the subject sitting in the driver’s
seat of a vehicle. The subject admitted to trying to steal the vehicle. The 34-year-old male
from Los Angeles was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Saturday, November 11:
13. At about 12:32 a.m., an officer responded to the area of Foothill Boulevard and Old Ranch
Road regarding a traffic collision that had just occurred. The driver crashed into a fire
hydrant. Upon contacting the driver, the officer detected a strong odor of alcohol emitting
from the driver. Through a series of tests, the officer determined the 61-year-old male from
Los Angeles was driving under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. He was arrested and
transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
14. At 2:38 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 2500 block of El Capitan Avenue
regarding the report of a stolen vehicle. The victim discovered her vehicle had been stolen
from where she left it parked on the street in front of her residence. The vehicle was later
recovered by Huntington Park Police.