For the period of Sunday, October 29th through Saturday, November 4th, the Police Department responded to 1,074 calls for service, of which 111 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of some of the incidents handled by the Department during this period. Sunday, October 29:
1. At 7:30 a.m., officers responded to Peter Gunz Tattoo, 916 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding the report of a burglary. Three suspects forced entry into the location by smashing the front glass window before stealing a laptop and jewelry. The suspects were described as males, approximately 30 to 35-years-old, wearing all dark clothing and gloves.
2. At 3:16 p.m., an officer responded to California Thoroughbred Breeders Association, 201 Colorado Place, regarding a subject who set up camp on private property. An investigation revealed the subject was a sex offender in violation of his registration. The 24-year-old male transient was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Monday, October 30:
3. At 5:05 p.m., an officer responded to the area of Le Roy Avenue and Holly Avenue regarding a suspicious vehicle report. The occupant was contacted, and an investigation revealed he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. The 36-year-old male from Los Angeles was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
4. At 7:19 p.m., an officer responded to The Shops at Santa Anita, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding the report of a stolen catalytic converter. The victim parked his vehicle in the parking lot near Norstrom around 6:00 p.m. He returned an hour later and discovered his catalytic converter had been stolen from his vehicle. A second victim reported a second catalytic converter theft in the same location during the same time frame.
Tuesday, October 31:
5. At 9:12 p.m., an officer witnessed a theft occur at Chevron, 500 North Santa Anita Avenue. The officer detained the suspect, and an investigation revealed the 29-year-old male from North Hollywood had an outstanding warrant for his arrest. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Wednesday, November 1:
6. At 8:14 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 1500 block of Highland Oaks Drive regarding the report of suspicious subjects approaching the residence. The victim was inside his residence when he saw the subjects enter his backyard. He turned the lights on, and the subjects fled the scene in a white SUV. The subjects were described as males wearing hooded sweatshirts, sweatpants, gloves, backpacks, and facemasks.
7. At 8:46 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 1500 block of Rodeo Road regarding a burglary that had just occurred. Three suspects entered the residence by smashing the rear sliding glass door. The suspects ransacked the master bedroom before fleeing the scene. The suspects appeared to be the same suspects seen prowling on Highland Oaks Drive.
Thursday, November 2:
8. At 7:55 a.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 1000 block of Volante Drive regarding the report of a burglary. Unknown suspect(s) entered the residence by unknown means, stole a dishwasher, then entered the detached garage by unknown means, stealing tools, before fleeing the scene in an unknown direction.
9. At 8:48 p.m., an officer responded to The Shops at Santa Anita, 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a theft from a vehicle report. The victim parked her vehicle in the upper- level parking lot near JC Penney. She returned a few hours later to find her catalytic converter had been stolen.
Friday, November 3: 10. At 10:53 a.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 1400 block of South Tenth Avenue regarding a burglary report. The suspect entered the garage and stole a toolbox before fleeing the scene in a white SUV. He was described as male, approximately 5’9”, with a shaved head, wearing a dark colored shirt, dark shorts, and black shoes.
Saturday, November 4:
11. At 2:18 a.m., an officer conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle near the intersection of Duarte Road and Baldwin Avenue for lane straddling and speeding. Upon contacting the driver, the officer detected a strong odor of alcohol emitting from the driver. Through a series of tests, the officer determined the 33-year-old male from San Gabriel was driving under the influence of an alcoholic beverage. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
12. At 4:10 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 900 block of La Cadena Avenue after a 911 call was made by a male yelling for help with a female yelling in the background. An investigation revealed the female was upset with her boyfriend, so she scratched his face and broke items in his home. The male was found to be in possession of firearms that were not properly stored with a child was present in the home. The 36-year-old female, and the 39-year-old male were arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
13. At 12:53 a.m., officers responded to the 400 block of Cambridge Drive regarding the activation of an Arcadia Police Department GPS tracker. Arcadia PD detectives had previously deployed decoy packages containing bait property and tracking devices to combat the increase in package thefts from residential areas. Officers located the suspect vehicle in possession of the stolen package. The driver failed to yield, and a pursuit ensued. The pursuit was terminated, and the officers tracked the unoccupied vehicle to a residence in Pasadena where they recovered the stolen package and numerous articles of stolen mail.
14. At 3:11 a.m., officers responded to a residence in the 200 block of Hacienda Drive regarding a domestic dispute. An investigation revealed a boyfriend and girlfriend had been arguing when the dispute turned physical. They slapped each other several times. The girlfriend was left with visible marks and complained of pain. The 23-year-old male from New York was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.