For the period of Sunday, December 25th through Saturday, December 31st, the Police Department responded to 842 calls for service, of which 87 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of some of the major incidents handled by the Department during this period. Sunday, December 25:
At 6:07 p.m., an officer responded to the 1900 block of Alta Oaks Drive regarding a burglary alarm activation. An investigation revealed unknown suspect(s) smashed a rear sliding door and ransacked the home. The loss is unknown as of the date of this report.
At 6:51 p.m., an officer responded to CVS Pharmacy, located at 1401 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a shoplifting incident. The officer determined the suspect, a 33-year- old male transient from Temple City, stole approximately $60.00 worth of wine, chocolate, and a blanket. He was located nearby and was arrested. He was then transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
At 11:54 p.m., an officer responded to the intersection of Huntington Drive and First Avenue regarding a subject digging through trash, an Arcadia Municipal Violation. Upon contacting the subject and conducting a records check, the officer discovered the 36-year- old male transient from South El Monte had two outstanding misdemeanor warrants. He was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Monday, December 26:
4. At 7:39 a.m., an officer responded to the 900 block of Huntington Drive regarding a battery investigation. An investigation revealed a physical altercation occurred between an adult son and his mother resulting in the son punching and kicking his mother. The 19-year-old male from Arcadia was gone by the time the officer had arrived. The mother did not require medical treatment.
5. At 3:07 p.m., an officer responded to the 700 block of Arcadia Avenue in regard to a theft report. Sometime during the previous night, someone stole the victim’s catalytic converter from his Toyota Prius. The investigation is pending a review of nearby surveillance footage.
6. At 6:22 p.m., an officer responded to Macy’s, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a theft report. Loss prevention witnessed and confronted the suspects as they stole nearly $800.00 worth of merchandise. The 46-year-old male from Glendale and 39- year-old female from Glendale were arrested and cited in the field.
Tuesday, December 27:
7. At 7:48 a.m., an officer responded to 1306 South Fourth Avenue regarding a theft from vehicle report. Surveillance footage captured three thieves stealing the victim’s catalytic converter from her Toyota Prius and fleeing. The suspects committed the crime around 3:30 a.m. and were all males in dark clothing. Similar incidents occurred in the 200 block of Laurel Avenue and the 200 block of Bonita Street. It is unknown if the thefts were committed by the same suspects.
8. At 12:47 p.m., an officer responded to the 100 block of East Live Oak Avenue in regard to a vandalism report. The officer determined the suspect parked in a private parking lot and when a security gate prohibited her from leaving, she and a second suspect forcefully opened the gate, leaving the gate damaged and in need of repair. The suspects are described as an Asian female, approximately 5’3”, with a thin build, black hair, and a White male between the ages of 45 and 50-years-old with a heavy build.
9. At 6:54 p.m., an officer responded to The Shops at Santa Anita, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a stolen vehicle report. The victim discovered her Porsche 911 had been stolen from the Nordstrom parking lot sometime earlier in the day.
Wednesday, December 28: 10. At 9:21 p.m., an officer responded to Albertsons, located at 298 East Live Oak Avenue, regarding a commercial burglary investigation. Surveillance footage and the store manager witnessed a team of three suspects working in concert to steal approximately $1000.00 worth of non-prescription medications. The suspects are described as one Black female in her 20s, and two Black males in their early 20s. They fled in a Honda Civic.
Thursday, December 29:
11. At 2:39 p.m., an officer responded to the Arcadia Police Department lobby regarding an attempted robbery report. The victim stated she was walking to her car when she was approached by the suspect who demanded her bag. A second suspect also threatened the victim. Thankfully, additional family members walked by and the suspects fled. The suspect is described as a 16-year-old Hispanic male, approximately 5’6” tall.
12. At 6:56 p.m., an officer responded to The Derby, located at 233 East Huntington Drive, regarding a stolen vehicle investigation. An investigation revealed someone stole the victim’s jacket while she was inside the restaurant, and then used her car keys to steal her car. The suspect(s) then used the victim’s credit cards to complete fraudulent transactions. The suspect is described as a Hispanic male between the ages of 35 and 45-years-old.
Friday, December 30: 13. At 7:58 p.m., an officer responded to Macy’s, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a theft investigation. The officer determined loss prevention captured the suspect stealing more than $500.00 worth of merchandise. The 22-year-old female from Los Angeles was arrested and transported to the Pasadena City Jail for booking.
Saturday, December 31: 14. At 11:46 p.m., an officer responded to Shell Gas Station, located at 102 East Huntington Drive, regarding a theft report. While the officer was investigating the theft, the suspect, a 34-year-old male from Los Angeles, attempted to leave and became combative as the officers attempted to detain him. After he was detained, a glass pipe to smokemethamphetamine was located in the suspect’s backpack. A records check also revealed he was on parole. The suspect was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.