For the period of Sunday, December 18th through Saturday, December 24th, the Police Department responded to 829 calls for service, of which 101 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of some of the major incidents handled by the Department during this period. Sunday, December 18:
At 2:48 p.m., an officer responded to the 1200 block of South Baldwin Avenue regarding a stolen vehicle report. Sometime between December 16th at 9:45 p.m. and December 17th at 2:00 a.m., someone stole the victim’s Mercedes E300 from a back parking lot.
At 3:31 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 1000 block of Sunset Boulevard regarding a domestic dispute. The officer discovered an argument between the married couple resulted in the male half twisting the female victim’s arm, causing her pain. The investigation is ongoing.
Monday, December 19:
3. At 12:41 a.m., an officer responded to the intersection of Baldwin Avenue and Las Tunas Drive regarding an incident of illegal camping. The officer located the 66-year-old male transient, and he was issued a citation.
4. At 11:13 a.m., an officer responded to Sunglass Hut, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a grand theft report. An investigation revealed an unidentified male suspect stole numerous pairs of sunglasses resulting in a loss of nearly $2,300.00. The Black male, approximately 6’ tall suspect fled in a white Range Rover.
5. At 11:06 p.m., an officer responded to a parking lot at The Shops at Santa Anita, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a vehicle burglary report. The victim stated someone smashed one of his windows and fled with a purse and cash. The crime happened sometime between 9:30 p.m. and 10:55 p.m. on December 19th.
Tuesday, December 20:
6. At 2:33 p.m., an officer responded to a parking lot at The Shops at Santa Anita, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a vandalism incident. The officer discovered someone scratched both the driver and passenger sides of the victim’s vehicle. The crime may be related to an incident of road rage that occurred before the victim parked.
Wednesday, December 21:
7. At 10:21 a.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 900 block of Palo Alto Drive regarding a burglary in progress. The victim reported seeing two male suspects in her rear yard via CCTV footage. A review of the footage and an investigation resulted in the arrest of an 18-year-old male from Los Angeles, a 40-year-old female from Santa Fe Springs, two 17- year-old males from Compton, and a 14-year-old male from Los Angeles. Two additional burglaries were found to have been committed by this crew, one in the 100 block of Kari Way and another one in the 1800 block of Watson Drive.
8. At 11:18 a.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 200 block of South Golden West Avenue regarding a burglary report. The officer determined someone broke the rear laundry room window and ransacked the master bedroom. The loss is unknown.
Thursday, December 22:
9. At 9:12 a.m., an officer responded to the 800 block of West Camino Real Avenue regarding a theft from vehicle report. Sometime during the previous night, someone stole the victim’s catalytic converter from her Toyota Prius. Another catalytic converter was stolen nearby in the 00 block of Bonita Street.
10. At 4:55 p.m., an officer responded to the 1100 block of Drake Road regarding a grand theft incident. The officer determined someone entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and stole two wallets. The suspects then used the stolen debit cards to complete fraudulent transactions. The total loss was more than $6,000.00. The suspect was captured on surveillance footage and is described as a Hispanic male with a medium build, and driving a black, four door Dodge truck.
Friday, December 23: 11. At 5:13 a.m., an officer responded to Knockout Warehouse, located at 1550 East Clark Street, regarding a commercial burglary. An investigation revealed unidentified suspect(s) entered the business by breaking a glass door and once inside, they ransacked the business. The loss is unknown as of the date of this report.
12. At 4:06 a.m., an officer responded to the intersection of Temple City Boulevard and West Longden Avenue regarding the notification of a wanted vehicle in the area. Upon contacting the driver, the officer discovered the suspect and passenger were in possession of stolen mail, a stolen license plate, counterfeit keys, and drug paraphernalia. A 38-year- old male from Diamond Bar and a 40-year-old male from Rosemead were arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking. A records check revealed the 40-year-old male also had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
13. At 9:10 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 100 block of El Dorado Street regarding a petty theft report. The officer determined someone stole the victim’s house key from a box that had been left on the porch. The crime occurred sometime between December 21st and 23rd.
Saturday, December 24: 14. At 5:51 p.m., an officer responded to The Shops at Santa Anita, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a grand theft report. The victim discovered his bicycle had been stolen from the bike rack at the mall. The crime occurred between 2:00 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.