For the period of Sunday, January 1st through Saturday, January 7th, the Police Department responded to 845 calls for service, of which 100 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of some of the major incidents handled by the Department during this period.
Sunday, January 1:
At 10:33 a.m., an officer responded to the front counter of the Arcadia Police Department in regard to a stolen vehicle suspect turning himself in. The suspect stated he stole a car minutes prior and decided to drive to the police station to talk to police. The 27-year-old male from Alhambra was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
At 11:32 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 400 block of Fairview Avenue regarding a welfare check. Upon contacting the residents, the officer discovered an altercation between a boyfriend and girlfriend became mutually combative. Both the 21- year-old female from Arcadia and the 21-year-old male from Arcadia were arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
Monday, January 2: 3. At 3:13 a.m., an officer responded to Go-Go Liquor, located at 914 West Duarte Road, regarding a burglary report. Surveillance footage revealed two suspects smashed the front window, they stole cigarettes and lottery scratchers, and fled in a white SUV. The suspects are described as thin man wearing a green jacket with black and red pants and a heavy set male seen wearing all black clothing.
4. At 3:16 a.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 300 block of West Longden Avenue regarding a residential burglary investigation. The officer discovered unidentified suspect(s) smashed a rear bedroom glass door, they ransacked the home, and fled with an unknown amount of property.
5. At 2:54 p.m., an officer responded to El Rancho Santa Anita Shopping Center, located at 618 South Michillinda Avenue, regarding a theft from vehicle report. The reporting party discovered four vehicles that had their catalytic converters stolen. The crimes occurred sometime between December 30th and January 2nd.
Tuesday, January 3:
6. At 8:54 a.m., an officer responded to 24 Hour Fitness, located at 125 North First Avenue, regarding a robbery. An investigation revealed the suspect, a 39-year-old female transient, entered the gym, stole several canned beverages, and when the victim confronted her, she threw the cans at the victim’s head. The suspect was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
7. At 11:02 a.m., an officer responded to the Arcadia Police Department front counter regarding a robbery investigation. The victim stated he was driving and stopped at an intersection when the suspect, in a nearby vehicle, asked for directions. During the interaction, the suspects, a team comprised of a male and female, worked in concert to forcibly remove the victim’s watch from his wrist. The suspects are described as Middle Eastern and in their 40s.
Wednesday, January 4:
8. At 2:45 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 100 block of East Huntington Drive regarding a fraud report. An investigation revealed someone accessed the victim’s bank account information and transferred money to a different bank account using Zelle. The victim does not know how her account information was obtained or the identity of the suspects.
Thursday, January 5:
9. At 2:18 p.m., an officer responded to the parking lot at The Shops at Santa Anita, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a vehicle burglary report. Sometime between 1:00 p.m. and 2:15 p.m., someone smashed the victim’s window to her RAV 4 and stole items from the glovebox.
Friday, January 6:
10. At 9:04 a.m., an officer responded to Next Teahouse, located at 556 West Las Tunas Drive, regarding a commercial burglary report. The officer determined unknown suspect(s) smashed a rear window, and once inside the restaurant, the suspect(s) fled with cash from the register. The investigation is pending a review of the surveillance footage.
11. At 9:57 a.m., an officer responded to LA Fitness, located at 1325 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a commercial burglary. Sometime between 9:00 a.m. and 9:40 p.m., someone cut the lock to the victim’s locker and stole his phone and wallet. A second burglary was also reported with the same circumstances.
12. At 11:36 a.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 00 block of East Las Flores Avenue, regarding a burglary report. Sometime during the previous night, someone entered the victim’s home while he was asleep, they ransacked the home, and may have fled with stolen property. The loss was unknown as of the date of the report.
13. At 10:03 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 00 block of West Palm Drive regarding a package theft. The victim discovered her package was stolen from her porch sometime between 1:20 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. on January 6th.
Saturday, January 7: 14. At 8:49 a.m., an officer responded to 24 Hour Fitness, located at 125 North First Avenue, regarding a person brandishing a hatchet. An investigation revealed a male and female duo broke into a locked electrical room and when approached by a passerby, the male suspect threatened the victim with a hatchet. A records check of the suspects revealed the female had two outstanding misdemeanor warrants. A 42-year-old male transient and a 32-year- old female transient were arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.