For the period of Sunday, August 6th through Saturday, August 12th, the Police Department responded to 1,048 calls for service, of which 92 required formal investigations. The following is a summary report of some of the incidents handled by the Department during this period. Monday, August 7: 1. At 8:39 a.m., an officer responded to the intersection of Michillinda Avenue and Sunset Boulevard regarding a robbery investigation. The officer determined three males attacked the victim while he was walking his dog. The suspects, described as two Hispanic males and one Black male, punched the victim in the face and head before stealing his wallet. Arcadia Fire transported the victim to USC Arcadia Hospital for evaluation and treatment. Tuesday, August 8: 2. At 3:15 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 300 block of Armada Road regarding a residential burglary in progress. The resident witnessed three suspects inside their home and scared them off. An area check was conducted but the officers were unable to locate them. No loss was reported. Wednesday, August 9: 3. At 2:37 p.m., officers responded to the lobby of the Arcadia Police Department regarding a battery investigation. The officers determined two individuals in a custody exchange battered each other. A 35-year-old male from Arcadia was arrested for battery and another individual was arrested for an outstanding misdemeanor warrant.
Thursday, August 10:
4. At 11:33 p.m., an officer responded to Springhill Suites, located at 99 North Second Avenue, regarding a battery investigation. The officer discovered a battery occurred between an engaged couple and the male half forcefully stole the female’s cellphone. The 28-year-old male from Moorpark attempted to evade but was ultimately arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking.
5. At 11:24 a.m., an officer responded to Mercedes-Benz of Arcadia, located at 101 North Santa Anita Avenue, regarding a stolen vehicle investigation. The officer determined the suspect used false information to fraudulently purchase a vehicle.
Friday, August 11:
6. At 12:28 p.m., an officer responded to Gold’s Gym, located at 400 South Baldwin Avenue, regarding a commercial burglary investigation. The victim stated someone broke into his locker, stole his wallet and phone, and attempted to use the stolen credit card to purchase gas.
7. At 1:49 p.m., officers responded to a residence in the 1200 block of South Nineth Avenue regarding a burglary investigation. The officer discovered the suspects had turned off the power to the home and burglarized the residence. The investigation is pending the review of the resident’s surveillance footage.
8. At 3:42 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 1300 block of North Baldwin Avenue regarding the investigation of an attempted residential burglary. The resident was home when she heard a lone suspect shatter the rear glass door. She witnessed the suspect flee. He is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 5’11” tall, 200 pounds, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt, dark colored jeans, a black ski mask, and black gloves.
9. At 3:01 a.m., an officer responded to the 1100 block of South Golden West Avenue regarding a welfare check of a subject asleep in the driver’s seat of a parked, but running, vehicle. Upon contacting the driver, the officer detected a strong odor of alcohol emitting from the subject body and breath. The suspect, a 29-year-old male from Glendale, was arrested and transported to the Arcadia City Jail for booking. In the jail, he provided a breath sample and received a BAC level of .25%.
10. At 12:24 p.m., an officer responded to a residence in the 500 block of West Palm Drive regarding a burglary investigation. The officer determined three suspects removed the screen to an open window and once inside, they ransacked the home. It appears the suspects were scared off when the resident returned home. No loss was reported. Cameras captured the suspects in a black, 2020 Mercedes-Benz E350.