One evening in the late fall of 1956 a few men from Arcadia and Temple City met to discuss the possibility of establishing an Elks lodge in Arcadia. The attitudes expressed were all positive and weekly meetings were held in Arcadia to accept applications from members. A goal of 400 applications was set, and by March of 1957 that goal was reached.
On March 23, 1957 the Arcadia Elks Lodge #2025 was instituted by the Grand Lodge with the ceremonies held in the Arcadia High School gymnasium. The sight of 400 men consisting of the Who's Who in Arcadia and Temple City all lined up to become Elks was impressive.
The first meeting was held in the historic WWI building at 27 W. Huntington Drive, Arcadia which the Elks rented from the Shrine Club. Jim Helms was the first Exalted Ruler. In a few years the building was purchased by the Elks with the money being raised by the sale of"bonds". It is said that the "Back Bar" in the lounge came "around the horn" in a sailing vessel.
In the 65 years that the lodge has been in Arcadia it has provided thousands of dollars in charity for the area, including Foothill Unity Center's Annual Back to School Backpack event. The Lodge sponsors two Annual Veteran Events, a Fall Dinner Dance and a Christmas Party in December in West Los Angeles in conjunction with the local Veteran Hospital Volunteer Services Dept. The Lodge also assisted the Arcadia City Clerk, Gene Glasco in raising funds for the Arcadia Vietnam Memorial.
The Lodge has many programs that Arcadia Youth can participate in for elementary School level students, and a National Scholarship Competitions for graduating High School Seniors. The Lodge also donated funds to Methodist Hospital for Ventilators for the ER during the Covid-19 Pandemic. The Lodge also has annual recognition events for Arcadia Police and Fire members.