Resources For Victims Of Hate Crimes

There are many resources available to victims of hate crimes. In particular, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing ("DFEH") is available to assist victims of hate crimes and incidents with filing a complaint and/or seek civil remedies through court action under the Ralph Civil Rights Act (California Civil Code Section 51), and thereby can secure restraining orders, actual damages, punitive damages, civil penalties, and attorney's fees. The City of Arcadia wants to make sure that victims of hate crimes are aware of the resources available to them. Please visit our Hate Crimes Resources Pagefor more information, as well as a useful Fact Sheet about the Ralph Civil Rights Act and how to file a complaint with the DFEH. Remember, if you are involved in an incident or are a victim of a crime, call the Arcadia Police Department at (626) 574-5123 or "9-1-1" for emergencies and report the incident. Do not engage the perpetrator and remove yourself from the situation. Witnesses should also call the police - "See Something, Say Something."